[R-pkg-devel] macos x86 oldrel backups?

Jonathan Keane jke@ne @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 4 21:52:53 CET 2023

Thank you to the CRAN maintainers for maintenance and keeping the all
of the CRAN infrastructure running.

I'm seeing a long delay in builds on CRAN for r-oldrel-macos-x86_64.
I'm currently interested in Arrow [1], but I'm seeing many other
packages with similar missing r-oldrel-macos-x86_64 builds (possibly
all, I sampled a few packages from [2], but didn't do an exhaustive
search) for an extended period.

It appears that this started between 2023-10-21 and 2023-10-22. It
looks like AMR [3] has a successful build but xlcutter does not [4]
and all the packages I've checked after 2023-10-22 don't have an
updated build for r-oldrel-macos-x86_64

Sorry if this is scheduled maintenance, I tried to find an
announcement here and on r-project.org but haven't yet found anything
indicating this.

[1] - https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_arrow.html
[2] - https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/available_packages_by_date.html
[3] - https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/AMR/index.html