[R-pkg-devel] I'm trying to include phyloseq as a CRAN package dependency and for the life of me I can't figure it out

Sharon Bewick @bew|ck @end|ng |rom c|em@on@edu
Sun Dec 3 21:19:13 CET 2023

I had this package included in a previous upload and it didn’t cause errors. However, now it is getting flagged as an error. I’ve included biocViews: phyloseq in the DESCRIPTION file, but that did not help. Unfortunately, I cannot make phyloseq a weak dependency. It can be installed through Bioconductor but not CRAN. Any advice, or examples would be appreciated. I have tried most of the ‘solutions’ I have found online without success.

Thanks!
Sharon