[R-pkg-devel] Example files for functions reading binary files

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Mon Dec 4 09:18:39 CET 2023

On 03.12.2023 16:12, Josiah Parry wrote:
> Rafael,
>
> I believe the issue is that packages cannot include binary *executables.* If
> you have a binary file (such as a parquet file) in inst/extdata, I do not
> think that would be a problem. It would be a good idea to ensure that that
> file is small, though. I think downloading a file is a big no no to be ran
> on CRAN machines. I would personally advise against downloading anything.

Same from here:
meant are files containing executable code such as shared or statically
linked libraries, executables etc.
Binary data files are permitted.

Best,
Uwe Ligges