[R-pkg-devel] Coordination Needed: Update in ast2ast affecting paropt

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Wed Nov 29 12:25:23 CET 2023

On 29.11.2023 11:23, Konrad via R-package-devel wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I have two packages on CRAN (ast2ast and paropt). Notably, paropt
> depends on ast2ast. Currently, I'm working on a major update of ast2ast
> which changes the API at specific points that are used by paropt. Thus,
> the update will break paropt.
>
> I am reaching out to seek your suggestions on how Ican smoothly navigate
> this transition with minimal disruption.

If you cannot prepare paropt in a way that it works with both versions
of ast2ast, you can at least prepare a new version that work with the
new ast2ast and explain upon submission of axt2axt that paropt is well
prepared for submissions once ast2ast got released.

Best,
Uwe Ligges