[R-pkg-devel] Package submission fail

Christiaan Pieterse p|et|e@cjp@1908 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Nov 17 11:19:21 CET 2023

Hi all, thank you for your feedback and help! I apologise for the big
attachment.

I have made the changes you suggested but am still encountering some of the
same notes, If you do not mind to assist me again I would greatly
appreciate!

I reduced the example file to a 3 KB file, hoping that it would reduce my
runtime, but I still received this note:
* checking examples ... [26s] NOTE
Examples with CPU (user + system) or elapsed time > 5s
      user system elapsed
IOPS 15.23   2.89   22.41
Is there any other way to reduce this time? I have gone through my code and
can't find any areas to change that will help this.

Then the 2nd and 3rd notes relate to the example and its outputs. I do not
know how to fix this.
* checking for non-standard things in the check directory ... NOTE
Found the following files/directories:
  'Combined_Results.csv' 'Combined_Results.xlsx'
* checking for detritus in the temp directory ... NOTE
Found the following files/directories:
  'lastMiKTeXException'

I have changed my code to include the tempdir() as suggested before but it
doesn't seem to work. I then tried to use the \donttest{} method also
suggested before. I don't know if I am doing this wrong.
Here is my updated example code:

#' @examples
#' \donttest{
#'
#' # Set the working directory to a temporary directory
#' setwd(tempdir())
#'
#' # Load the example data
#' ExampleTradeData <- read.csv(system.file("extdata",
"ExampleTradeData.csv", package = "iopspackage"))
#'
#'
#' # Then use it in your function
#' IOPS(
#'   CountryCode = 710,
#'   tradeData = ExampleTradeData,
#'   ComplexMethod = "reflections",
#'   iterCompl = 5,
#'   GVCMapping = NULL,
#'   tradedigit = 6
#' )
#'
#' # Clean up the temporary directory
#' unlink(temp_dir, recursive = TRUE)
#' }
#'

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Christiaan