[R-pkg-devel] Package bioOED has been removed from CRAN just for personal reasons

Rolf Turner ro||turner @end|ng |rom po@teo@net
Thu Nov 2 20:52:41 CET 2023

On Wed, 1 Nov 2023 16:10:34 +0000
David Hugh-Jones <davidhughjones using gmail.com> wrote:

> Aside from the package question, surely the other issue here is that
> ...... email is extraordinarily rude. Any paid employee would
> be sacked for that. I appreciate R and CRAN are volunteer-run
> organisations, but I don’t think that should be an excuse for this
> level of, frankly, toxicity. Why is he allowed to get away with it?
>
> David

I've just had a look at the initial posting in this thread

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2023q4/009810.html

and can see nothing rude or offensive in the email ....
that was copied and pasted into that posting.

I find *your* email far more offensive than anything that .....
has ever written.  Get a life.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

P.S.  See fortunes::fortune(88).