[R-pkg-devel] Package bioOED has been removed from CRAN just for personal reasons

Markus Jochim m@rku@joch|m @end|ng |rom phonet|k@un|-muenchen@de
Wed Nov 1 19:54:28 CET 2023

Dear Alberto,

I have had a small number of CRAN-related email exchanges ..........
made it clear that his idea of politeness and my idea of
politeness are incompatible. The email you are quoting reminds me very
much of these exchanges.

But I try to be pragmatic about it. It’s not the end of the world if my
packages are not on CRAN for a couple of weeks. In the end, they were
archived because tests were failing and they were always (re-)accepted
into CRAN once the automatic tests passed again. No personal matters
involved.

.................  As a package
maintainer, I am also contributing my share, especially towards my own
discipline, and so are you. That is why there is contact in the first
place. I wouldn't care too much whether or not that allows either of us
to consider the other a peer.

I don’t know why your package appears to have been archived two days
early. But otherwise I agree with Tomas and Duncan. There is a clear
path forward for your package. Based on my own experience, there is no
reason to believe that it will be rejected by CRAN on personal grounds,
once the automatic tests pass.

Best

Markus