[R-pkg-devel] Matrix and Mac OS

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Wed Nov 1 06:26:23 CET 2023

On 01.11.2023 03:51, Mikael Jagan wrote:
> Thanks.  It seems that we were mistaken in our feeling (IIRC) that it would
> be "OK" to implicitly require '--no-manual' on versions of R from 3.5.0 to
> 4.2.1, not changing our Depends.
>
> We will fix this in Matrix 1.6-2, probably by conditionalizing or otherwise
> replacing the amsmath commands and probably _not_ by changing to depend on
> R >= 4.2.2.  Martin may have more to say in "the morning".

Note that dependin on R >= 4.2.2 does not work. We need dependencies of
the form R >= x.y.0. This is also part of the checks.

Reason is that we have only one binary repository for one R-x.y.?
series. On WIndows, where we check with R-4.2.3, a binary would be
created and hence R-4.2.[0-1] would not see any valid Matrix binaries.

So please either make this work on R >= 4.2.0 or require R >= 4.3.0. If
the latter, ideally with an interim version that works for R >= 4.2.0,
so that we valid binaries with correct dependency declarations again.

Best,
Uwe