[R-pkg-devel] Matrix and Mac OS

Bailey, Paul pb@||ey @end|ng |rom @|r@org
Mon Oct 30 23:26:43 CET 2023

Hi,

I'm the maintainer for a few packages, one of which is currently failing CRAN checks on Mac OS because Matrix is not available in my required version (the latest). I had to fix a few things due to changes in the latest Matrix package because of how qr works and I thought, given the apparent API change, I should then require the latest version. My error is, "Package required and available but unsuitable version: 'Matrix'"

When I look at the NEWS in Matrix there is no mention of Mac OS issues, what the latest stable version of Matrix is, nor when a fix is expected. What version do MacOS version test Matrix with by default? Where is this documented? I assumes it always tested with the latest version on CRAN, so I'm a bit surprised. Or will this be resolved soon and I shouldn't bother CRAN maintainers with a new version of my package?

Best,
Paul