[R-pkg-devel] Recent dev version of R CMD check fails when a package function named X also has a parameter named X

Deepayan Sarkar deep@y@n@@@rk@r @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 30 19:42:14 CET 2023

On Mon, 30 Oct 2023 at 12:48, Markus Jochim
<markusjochim using phonetik.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:

> Hi R people,
>
> I am the maintainer of the emuR package and I am having a problem with
> recent versions of R CMD check.
>
> CRAN‘s r-devel test suites [1] have started to emit a NOTE about the
> HTML version of the manual:
>
> > Version: 2.4.1
> > Check: HTML version of manual
> > Result: NOTE
> >     Found the following HTML validation problems:
> >     query.html:50:9 (query.Rd:22): Warning: <code> anchor "query"
> > already defined
> > Flavors: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-clang,
> > r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, r-devel-linux-x86_64-fedora-clang,
> > r-devel-linux-x86_64-fedora-gcc, r-devel-windows-x86_64
> >
> This is caused by one of my package’s functions that is named query and
> also has a parameter named query.
>
> I think I have tracked this down to SVN revision r85407 of R. With
> earlier versions:
>
> R CMD Rdconv -t html query.Rd
>
> would output (line 50, as referenced by the NOTE):

> But newer versions output:

Yes, sorry, my bad.

r85440 (just committed) should have a temporary fix by omitting the id
from the <h2> title. Please let me know if problems still persist.

Best,
-Deepayan