[R-pkg-devel] Issue with R Package on CRAN - OpenMP and clang17

Romain Pierlot rom@|n@p|er|ot @end|ng |rom u-borde@ux@|r
Mon Oct 30 15:58:31 CET 2023

Hi there,

I'm sorry to disturb, I hope I send a mail at the right place.

I have been encountering a challenge with an R package that I've been working on, which was recently removed from CRAN due to some issues in Fortran.

It appears that I have addressed the Fortran issues, but upon resubmission to CRAN, the package was not accepted, and the following error was returned :

''With clang17 it still fails to install:

error: loc("/data/gannet/ripley/R/packages/incoming/frailtypack.Rcheck/00_pkg_src/frailtypack/src/Integrale_mult_scl.f90":1811:17): 'omp.reduction' op must be used within an operation supporting reduction clause interface
error: verification of lowering to FIR failed

LLVM trunk gives the same error.
''

I have attached the portion of the code where this issue is reported. From my understanding, it appears to be related to parallelization, but I have been unable to resolve it on my own.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice that you might be able to offer. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Moreover, I don't know if it is normal or not, but when I check my package with R CMD chech --as-cran, I don't have any error or note message. But when I submit the package to the CRAN, they return errors and notes.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Romain Pierlot

--
[ https://www.u-bordeaux.fr/ ] [ http://www.aquitaine-poitou-charentes.inserm.fr/ ]

[ mailto: | Romain Pierlot ]
Ingénieur de recherches Bio-Informatique
Équipe BIOSTAT

[ https://www.u-bordeaux.fr/ | https://www.u-bordeaux.fr ]