[R-pkg-devel] Suppressing long-running vignette code in CRAN submission

John Harrold john@m@h@rro|d @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 18 00:30:22 CEST 2023

I ask myself the question: Who is the vignette for?  It does server two
purposes. One is testing but primarily it's for the users to learn how to
use a package. I think the testing is secondary, and if it slows down
installation or general usability I'd sacrifice the testing. If it's that
important, then the tests can be added explicitly in tests/.