[R-pkg-devel] CRAN Submission to update archived packages (mdsdt)

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Sun Oct 15 17:43:53 CEST 2023

Dear Joe

Comments in-line.

On 14/10/2023 21:47, Joe Houpt via R-package-devel wrote:
> Hello,
> I am having some trouble submitting a package to CRAN that had previously been archived.  I went through all of the notes and all that is left is pasted below.  Anything I am missing or that I need to get updated?
> Regards,
> Joe
>
> * checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
> Maintainer: 'Joe Houpt <joseph.houpt using utsa.edu>'

That is normal. No action needed.

> New submission
>
> Package was archived on CRAN
>
> Possibly misspelled words in DESCRIPTION:
>    Ashby (12:36)
>    invariance (14:36)

It usually flags proper nouns, not sure why it disikes invariance, but
those are presumably fase positives which you could mention in the
covering note.

> CRAN repository db overrides:

Not sure about that one. Were you the original maintainer? If not did
CRAN know you were taking over?

Michael

> --
> Joseph W. Houpt