[R-pkg-devel] What happened to mlr3proba on CRAN?

Fri Oct 13 21:05:11 CEST 2023

Based on
https://cran-archive.r-project.org/web/checks/2022/2022-05-16_check_results_mlr3proba.html

   it looks like there were problems with the code (possibly harmless,
but very unlikely to be exactly as intended) when R started throwing an
error when vectors of length >1 were used with the && operator; this
happened with R 4.3.0

https://cran-archive.r-project.org/web/checks/2022/2022-05-16_check_results_mlr3proba.html

\subsection{SIGNIFICANT USER-VISIBLE CHANGES}{
     \itemize{
       \item Calling \code{&&} or \code{||} with LHS or (if evaluated)
RHS of
       length greater than one is now always an error, with a report of
       the form
\preformatted{    'length = 4' in coercion to 'logical(1)'}

   Since the errors weren't corrected, the package was archived.

   You can find the maintainer's email in the DESCRIPTION file here:
https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/mlr3proba/mlr3proba_0.4.9.tar.gz
   if you want to follow up with them ...

   cheers
    Ben Bolker