[R-pkg-devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: Warning: a function declaration without a prototype is deprecated in all versions of C

Sameh Abdulah @@meh@@bdu|@h @end|ng |rom k@u@t@edu@@@
Tue Sep 26 10:22:59 CEST 2023

Thanks for replying!

The main problem that this warning from a C library that I am relying on, I have no control to fix the warning there. So, I am still getting this warning from R, when building my package.

Best,
--Sameh

From: R-package-devel <r-package-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Jeff Newmiller via R-package-devel <r-package-devel using r-project.org>
Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 11:19 AM
To: r-package-devel using r-project.org <r-package-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [R-pkg-devel] Warning: a function declaration without a prototype is deprecated in all versions of C
This error arises because you are not declaring the function properly before you call it... likely because you have not included the appropriate header file or because you have typoed the function call.

If you provide a link to your package someone may point you more precisely to your error, but this is a pretty basic C language question rather than an R package question so it isn't technically on topic here.