[R-pkg-devel] tinyfiledialogs - The bindings are ready, but I need help to make of package of it

ti@yiiiedi@iogs m@iii@g oii yse@gri@@com ti@yiiiedi@iogs m@iii@g oii yse@gri@@com
Wed Sep 20 12:30:53 CEST 2023

https://tinyfiledialogs.sourceforge.net

Hi,

I am the author of tinyfiledialogs a cross-platform C C++ library
(windows, Mac, Unix) which offers many modal dialogs and popup
notifications (both for graphic and console modes). It aims to be
extremely easy to use. There is no init, no main loop, and no external
dependencies. It is used by hundreds projects on GitHub.

The following github call returns almost 15000 files (you need to be
logged on github)

https://github.com/search?q=tinyfd+OR+tinyfiledialogs&type=code

With the latest version v3.14, I've just released the bindings for R.

I've been pointed to the documentation link on how to write a package,
but it would really help if someone who knows what to do could direct me.

Thanks in advance

Guillaume Vareille

     # first load the included library (it could easily be compiled on
the target machine)
     dyn.load("tinyfiledialogsLinux64.so")

     # then load the included R interface
     tinyfd_openFileDialog <- function(aTitle, aDefaultPathAndFile ,
aNumOfFilterPatterns,
                 aFilterPatterns, aSingleFilterDescription ,
aAllowMultipleSelects)
     {
       result <- .C("tfd_openFileDialog",
             charToRaw(aTitle),
             lOpenFile = aDefaultPathAndFile ,
             as.integer(aNumOfFilterPatterns) ,
             aFilterPatterns ,
             charToRaw(aSingleFilterDescription) ,
             as.integer(aAllowMultipleSelects) )

       if ( result$lOpenFile == "NULL" ) return()
       else return(result$lOpenFile)
     }

     # now, you can call the dialog
     lFilename <- tinyfd_openFileDialog( "a title" ,
"/Users/bardos/Documents/" , 1 , c ("*.txt","*.jpg") , "some files" , 0 )