[R-pkg-devel] Re-building vignettes had CPU time 9.2 times elapsed time

Sat Aug 26 03:17:04 CEST 2023

On 26 August 2023 at 12:05, Simon Urbanek wrote:
| In reality it's more people running R on their laptops vs the rest of the world.

My point was that we also have 'single user on really Yuge workstation'.

Plus we all know that those users are often not sysadmins, and do not have
our levels of accumulated systems knowledge.

So we should give _more_ power by default, not less.

| [...] they will always be saying blatantly false things like "R is not for large data"

By limiting R (and/or packages) to two threads we will only get more of
these.  Our collective call.

This whole thread is pretty sad, actually.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org