[R-pkg-devel] possible solution to package-documentation-alias problem

Sat Aug 19 19:04:04 CEST 2023

When you get a note from CRAN, remember that it ignores Roxygen comments
completely.  It's just looking at the files that Roxygen produces.  So
you should look at the .Rd files when you get a complaint about them.

Your previous code would have produced a file named plan.Rd, and that
file didn't include the "plan-package" alias that was requested.  The
new version does, so things are now fine.  I think that up until a few
years ago, the old version would have worked, but this news item from
2019 hints at the change:

"Using @docType package no longer automatically adds -name. Instead
document _PACKAGE to get all the defaults for package documentation, or
use @name to override the default file name."

Duncan Murdoch