[R-pkg-devel] Examples are too long in computation for CRAN

Michael Topper m|ketopper123 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Aug 13 07:49:01 CEST 2023

Hello all,

Not sure how to handle this, as it had not been an issue on my previous
CRAN submissions. It appears that some of my examples/tests are taking too
long to run for CRAN's standards. Is there a way around this other than the
simple "change the example" or "change the test"?

Moreover, is there any insight as to why this would happen on the third
update of the package rather than on the first or second?

Thanks in advance, and see below for the NOTE:

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: examples, Result: NOTE
  Examples with CPU (user + system) or elapsed time > 5s
                    user system elapsed
  panelsummary     9.574  0.273   0.817
  panelsummary_raw 6.048  0.164   0.450
  Examples with CPU time > 2.5 times elapsed time
                    user system elapsed  ratio
  panelsummary_raw 6.048  0.164   0.450 13.804
  panelsummary     9.574  0.273   0.817 12.053
  clean_raw        3.684  0.064   0.514  7.292

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: tests, Result: NOTE
    Running 'testthat.R' [54s/6s]
  Running R code in 'testthat.R' had CPU time 9.3 times elapsed time