[R-pkg-devel] Package PowerSDI NOTES

Tue Jul 18 20:30:17 CEST 2023

On Tue, 18 Jul 2023 16:37:46 +0000
Gabriel Constantino Blain <gabriel.blain using sp.gov.br> wrote:

> Regarding note 1, not all the words are misspelled,

This is fine, especially if you add a comment to your package
submission.

> Regarding note 2, I don't know what's wrong. Is it related to the
> time to run the examples (>5s)? If is it so, it is not an error.
> There are so many calculations that it does take some time to do it.

I'm sorry, but it's a policy of CRAN to require examples that run "for
no more than a few seconds each":
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html

I know it may be non-trivial, but I hope it's possible to reduce the
amount of data processed by your examples until they take around 5
seconds or less on a typical computer. For example, could it be
possible to reduce the date range of the ScientSDI example to one year
and/or increase(?) the TS parameter?

--
Best regards,
Ivan