[R-pkg-devel] Package PowerSDI NOTES

Gabriel Constantino Blain g@br|e|@b|@|n @end|ng |rom @p@gov@br
Tue Jul 18 18:37:46 CEST 2023

Dears,
I submitted my R package to CRAN.
However, it didn't pass the CRAN checks because of 2 notes:
Note 1:
Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, r-devel-windows-x86_64
Check: CRAN incoming feasibility, Result: NOTE
  Maintainer: 'Gabriel Constantino Blain <gabriel.blain using sp.gov.br>'
  New submission
    Possibly misspelled words in DESCRIPTION:
    EP (14:45)
    NASAPOWER (11:18)
    OperatSDI (12:9)
    PowerSDI (7:18, 13:9)
    SPEI (3:31, 7:50, 10:20)
    SPI (3:23, 7:42, 10:12)
    ScientSDI (9:19)
    evapotranspitation (13:44)
    subperiods (15:76)
Note 2:
Flavor: r-devel-windows-x86_64
Check: examples, Result: NOTE
  Examples with CPU (user + system) or elapsed time > 10s
             user system elapsed
  ScientSDI 82.71   0.75   88.00
  Reference 29.75   0.05   29.80
  Accuracy  10.02   1.11   11.12
Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: examples, Result: NOTE
  Examples with CPU (user + system) or elapsed time > 5s
              user system elapsed
  ScientSDI 52.674  0.176  57.765
  Reference 20.749  0.148  20.898
  Accuracy   6.001  0.024   6.024

Regarding note 1, not all the words are misspelled,
EP, SPI and SPEI are acronyms
OperatSDI and ScientSDI are functions of my package
PowerSDI is the name of my package's name
 NASAPOWER is the project's name.

Regarding note 2, I don't know what's wrong. Is it related to the time to run the examples (>5s)? If is it so, it is not an error. There are so many calculations that it does take some time to do it.

The package is available at https://github.com/gabrielblain/PowerSDI
I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Best regards
Gabriel