[R-pkg-devel] Package Load fails to find 3rd Party DLL

Mon Jul 17 11:30:39 CEST 2023

В Fri, 14 Jul 2023 22:25:51 +0300
Ivan Krylov <krylov.r00t using gmail.com> пишет:

> Maybe it's a red herring. Maybe the message from nm about missing file
> has always been harmless, and what we're seeing here is a bug in the
> toolchain; perhaps ld.exe doesn't like something about Netica.lib so
> much that it crashes. I think that's less likely. If you run the
> commands manually but without mentioning NeticaDLL, do you get a DLL
> in the end?

Judging by your build logs, this could be a toolchain bug. If you set
the *.lib file aside and only give the *.dll to the linker (using
-l:Netica.dll if necessary), does it still fail? I know that GCC can
link directly to *.dll files, without relying on import libraries.

--
Best regards,
Ivan