[R-pkg-devel] Questions regarding a new (seperated package) and how to submit them to cran

Mon Jun 26 21:32:13 CEST 2023

On 26 June 2023 at 21:03, Uwe Ligges wrote:
| On 26.06.2023 02:52, Bernd.Gruber wrote:
| > Thanks, just to make sure:
| >
| > In the policy I find the entry:
| >
| > Additional_repositories:
|
| You can use this for CRAN-style repositories. Not for other inds of
| storage. In that case you need to decalre it as written text in the
| Description field.

And the drat package [1] helps in setting up such CRAN-style repos and has a
few vignettes with details. Several CRAN packages use it for such off-CRAN
extensions. We also have a detailed write-up in the R Journal [2] about using
this scheme for data packages (which of course also works for code packages).

Dirk

[1] https://cloud.r-project.org/package=drat
[2] https://doi.org/10.32614/RJ-2017-026

--