[R-pkg-devel] Missing ggPMX causing failure for nlmixr2rpt

Lluís Revilla ||u|@@rev|||@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jun 2 09:18:11 CEST 2023

Dear John,

I think the problem is that the package ggPMX is suggested, but
nlmixr2rpt isn't prepared for when it isn't available.
In such cases, a package shouldn't fail the checks.

>From the CRAN policies https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html :
"A package listed in ‘Suggests’ or ‘Enhances’ should be used
conditionally in examples or tests if it cannot straightforwardly be
installed on the major R platforms. (‘Writing R Extensions’ recommends
that they are always used conditionally.)"

Among other things in the file test-rptnlmixr.R you load several
suggested packages without checking if they are available.
You should only run those tests and examples that need those packages
if they are available.
Checking via:  if (requireNamespace("ggPMX", verbose = FALSE) could be enough

There's also an example that seems to be failing, I didn't understand
the reason behind it but it might be related.

Best,

Lluís