[R-pkg-devel] Intrinsic UTF-8 use in aspired CRAN package

Schuhmacher, Dominic dom|n|c@@chuhm@cher @end|ng |rom m@them@t|k@un|-goett|ngen@de
Sat May 20 18:01:47 CEST 2023

In case more people want to check this out, the minimal example package can be downloaded from https://owncloud.gwdg.de/index.php/s/ejhN3vd51572e27

Saying (in an UTF-8 locale)

R CMD check minimal_1.0.tar.gz

reproduces the described problem, whereas

PDFLATEX=lualatex \
RD2PDF_INPUTENC='inputenc}\usepackage{luatexja' \
R CMD check minimal_1.0.tar.gz

seems to run without problems and generates a reasonable pdf manual.