[R-pkg-devel] Intrinsic UTF-8 use in aspired CRAN package

Fri May 19 10:51:25 CEST 2023

В Thu, 18 May 2023 12:48:01 +0000
"Schuhmacher, Dominic"
<dominic.schuhmacher using mathematik.uni-goettingen.de> пишет:

> By the way, what is the recommended way of setting environment
> variables like PDFLATEX and (possibly) RD2PDF_INPUTENC in a package
> (if this is something that is allowed on CRAN)?

I don't think there is a supported way of doing that. It would have to
affect quite a lot of cases of rendering help pages, including
help(help_type = 'pdf').

For better or worse, environment variables set from inside
\Sexpr[stage=render]{...} currently persist until texi2pdf() is run,
but that's intrusive because it affects all following texi2pdf() calls
from the same process.

Perhaps it's worth discussing as a feature request on R-devel?

--
Best regards,
Ivan