[R-pkg-devel] Please install cmake on macOS builders

Reed A. Cartwright r@c@rtwr|ght @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 10 22:45:26 CEST 2023

I use the following logic in my configure script to detect cmake on the
MacOS builders:

https://github.com/reedacartwright/rbedrock/blob/master/configure#L39-L49

I can't remember which package I borrowed this logic from. But it would be
nice if "Writing R Extensions" would expand their cmake section to cover
scenarios like this one.

While I would love to have something like CMake be better integrated into
CRAN, I've been using Meson (https://mesonbuild.com/) for a while and like
it better than CMake.