[R-pkg-devel] files katex.js and katex-config.js not found in R CMD check --as-cran

J C Nash pro|jcn@@h @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 9 18:57:06 CEST 2023

In updating my nlsr package, I ran R CMD check --as-cran and got an error
that /usr/lib/R/doc/html/katex/katex.js was not found.

I installed the (large!) r-cran-katex. No joy.

katex.js was in /usr/share/R/doc/html/katex/  so I created a symlink. Then
I got katex-config.js not found (but in 1 directory up).
So

sudo ln -s /usr/share/R/doc/html/katex-config.js katex-config.js

Then I get the check to run OK. So I'm now up and running, but others might not
be so persistent.

Is there a glitch in my system? Or is this a bug in the latest R CMD check --as-cran?
(Or at least a configuration issue?)

Best,

John Nash