[R-pkg-devel] 'Default' macos (x86) download URL now gone?

Sun Apr 23 17:25:20 CEST 2023

The URL ${CRAN}/bin/macosx/R-latest.pkg is in fairlt widespread use. A quick
Google query [1] reveals about 1.1k hits. And it happens to be used too in a
CI job a colleague noticed failing yesterday.

The bin/macosx/ page now prominently displays both leading flavours
  R-4.3.0-arm64.pkg
  R-4.3.0-x86_64.pkg
which makes sense give the architecture choices. We can of course update the
CI script, and likely will.

But given that this was apparently a somewhat widely-used URL to fetch R on
macOS, may I suggest that the convenience link be reestablished as a courtesy?

Best,  Dirk

https://github.com/search?q=macosx%2FR-latest.pkg&type=code

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org