[R-pkg-devel] (no subject)

Merlise Clyde, Ph.D. c|yde @end|ng |rom duke@edu
Tue Apr 18 03:32:17 CEST 2023

Make sure you have a period after the < > tag if that is the end of the paragraph/sentences - its is not clear it is there from the snippet that you sent.
(let us know if the package is on github as then we can see the entire file)

best,
Merlise
________________________________
From: R-package-devel <r-package-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Socorro Dominguez <s.dominguez using ht-data.com>
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2023 8:41 PM
To: Sarah Goslee <sarah.goslee using gmail.com>
Cc: r-package-devel using r-project.org <r-package-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R-pkg-devel] (no subject)

Thank you!

So, based on this link:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://r-pkgs.org/description.html*:*:text=to*20be*20indented*3A-,Description,-*3A*20The*20description__;I34lJSUlJSU!!OToaGQ!rL12FfD_Ox2OGl4JbHsG06nsukCSrpt3piRZQ1B5cllO12AOU7ZP2OcwA5dorRJWaIda0dk74FnqQ0xeXNINIw$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://r-pkgs.org/description.html*:*:text=to*20be*20indented*3A-,Description,-*3A*20The*20descriptio__;I34lJSUlJSU!!OToaGQ!rL12FfD_Ox2OGl4JbHsG06nsukCSrpt3piRZQ1B5cllO12AOU7ZP2OcwA5dorRJWaIda0dk74FnqQ0wC5cqebw$ >
I thought I had to add indentations...

So, I originally sent:
```
Database. <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://api.neotomadb.org/api-docs/__;!!OToaGQ!rL12FfD_Ox2OGl4JbHsG06nsukCSrpt3piRZQ1B5cllO12AOU7ZP2OcwA5dorRJWaIda0dk74FnqQ0zYR76mxw$ >
```

I was requested to add <https://..> referencing the "Neotoma Paleoecology
Database".

With the Description above, I do not get any local errors when running the
R CMD but can rejects it and gives me this error:

If I do this:
```
Database.
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://api.neotomadb.org/api-docs/__;!!OToaGQ!rL12FfD_Ox2OGl4JbHsG06nsukCSrpt3piRZQ1B5cllO12AOU7ZP2OcwA5dorRJWaIda0dk74FnqQ0zYR76mxw$ >
```

and run the R CMD, I get the following message:
```
Unknown, possibly mis-spelled, fields in DESCRIPTION:
  ‘<https’
```
(however, it is not an error)

I see that I have to write complete sentences, so I have done the following:
```
Database.
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://api.neotomadb.org/api-docs/__;!!OToaGQ!rL12FfD_Ox2OGl4JbHsG06nsukCSrpt3piRZQ1B5cllO12AOU7ZP2OcwA5dorRJWaIda0dk74FnqQ0zYR76mxw$ >
```

I would llike to know if this is correct prior to submitting again. Or know
how should I place that <https...> tag

Thank you for all your help.

Socorro

--