[R-pkg-devel] (no subject)

Sarah Goslee @@r@h@go@|ee @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 18 02:19:07 CEST 2023

Hi,

The Writing R Packages manual is the main documentation, specifically:
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#The-DESCRIPTION-file

As for indentation, don't. Just use a newline.

I don't know of any templates, but the source code for many/most
packages is on RForge and/or github, so you can look at as many
DESCRIPTION files as you'd like to find the solutions you need.

If that doesn't help, then please share actual examples of what isn't
working in your file.

Sarah

On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 8:15 PM Socorro Dominguez
<s.dominguez using ht-data.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I need some help.
>
> Could you explain how to write the *Description* field in the *Description*
> file when we need to add links? I don't find any rules on how to write it
> when it includes links such as <https://...>
>
> Also, whenever I try to do a new line in the *Description* field with the
> four spaces for indentation, I get an error from the R CMD
>
> If you could provide me with some sort of template example, I would be
> extremely grateful.
>
> Best,
>
> Socorro
>
> --