[R-pkg-devel] Changing R Package Maintainer

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Fri Apr 7 21:20:32 CEST 2023

On 07.04.2023 21:14, Andrew Simmons wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm changing my name and my email address. I've got an update I'd like to
> submit to CRAN, I've changed my name and email in my DESCRIPTION.
>
> I couldn't find any details about changing maintainers in the R manuals

It is in the CRAN policies.

> unfortunately. Someone online said to just submit the update, CRAN will
> send one email to the new address confirming the submission, and another to
> the old address confirming the new maintainer.

Yes, that's true.

> Someone else said to email
> CRAN from the old address about the new maintainer and their address, and
> wait for a response of approval before submission. It was unclear if that
> would be CRAN-submissions using R-project.org or CRAN using R-project.org, but I'd
> guess the first.

THis is also a true option. Personally I'd prefer the first way.

> Has anyone else done this before or does anyone know the best procedure?
> Also, given that this isn't a transfer of ownership, I'm still the same
> person with a different name, would that make this process easier?

Same process as we do not know whether it is the same person behind the
other mail address.

Best,
Uwe Ligges