[R-pkg-devel] What checks are required before uploading a package to CRAN?

John Lawson |@w@onj@|7net @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 4 22:28:52 CEST 2023

My R package checks on my windows computer with no errors, warnings or
notes. Next I used the win-builder upload page to check the package. I
uploaded the tar.gz file on R-release. I read the 00check.log file and
the only Note stated was that I was the developer. I understood that I
needed to upload the file to both R-release and R-devel before I could
upload it to the cran.r-project.org/submit.html page. I tried to
upload the file to the R-devel, but I got the following message.

ERROR: Access to the path
'C:\Inetpub\ftproot\R-devel\daewr_1.2-9.tar.gz' is denied. (perhaps
you uploaded already and the file has not been processed yet?)

It has been 4 days since I uploaded the file to R-release, and I get
automatic emails every other day from Uwe Ligges telling me my package
has been checked and built.

What checks are required before uploading the package tar.gz file to
the cran.r-project.org/submit.html page?

John Lawson