[R-pkg-devel] Check: Rd \usage sections, Result: The \usage entries for S3 methods should use the \method markup and not their full name.

Yohann Foucher yoh@nn@|oucher @end|ng |rom un|v-po|t|er@@|r
Tue Mar 21 23:08:43 CET 2023

Dear all,

I maintain the RISCA package and I have the following new issue when I submit the novel version 1.0.4 on the CRAN:

***
CRAN teams' auto-check service
Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, r-devel-windows-x86_64
Check: CRAN incoming feasibility, Result: Note_to_CRAN_maintainers
 Maintainer: 'Yohann Foucher <Yohann.Foucher using univ-poitiers.fr <mailto:Yohann.Foucher using univ-poitiers.fr>>'

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, r-devel-windows-x86_64
Check: Rd \usage sections, Result: NOTE
 S3 methods shown with full name in documentation object 'nnet.time':
   'nnet.time'

 The \usage entries for S3 methods should use the \method markup and not
 their full name.
 See chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in the 'Writing R
 Extensions' manual.
***

Nevertheless, as for other S3 methods, I did not change this function compared to the last version 1.0.3 (which is online). I use the \method markup in the Rd file:

***
\usage{
\method{predict}{nnet.time}(object, ..., newdata, newtimes)
}
***

When I use «  R CMD check --as-cran », this NOTE is not identified. Do you have any idea of solution?

Thank you for your support.

Yohann