[R-pkg-devel] Should 'methods' be in Imports?

Noah Greifer no@h@gre||er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Mar 16 19:21:11 CET 2023

Thank you for your input. *broom*, *mlogit*, *twang*, and *Hmisc*
are examples of major packages that import functions from *stats*, *utils*,
*graphics*, or other base packages but don't include them in the
DESCRIPTION. All of my packages (*cobalt*, *WeightIt*, *MatchIt*) do too,
and I have never had a message from CRAN about it. (None of these are
specifically about *methods*, but as a base package I assume it should work
the same as these others.)

Noah