[R-pkg-devel] How to declare Bioconductor Dependencies in the Description File of my R Package

Tiago Olivoto t|@goo||voto @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Mar 16 17:36:47 CET 2023

Hi,
My package pliman depends on EBImage which is in Bioconductor. I have
created a function check_ebi() <
https://github.com/TiagoOlivoto/pliman/blob/e6efc4b6a2396600939e308c235aeb9ab47af375/R/utilities.R#L534>
that is called in .onAttach() <
https://github.com/TiagoOlivoto/pliman/blob/master/R/zzz.R#L36>  and checks
if EBImage is installed. If not, the function asks the user to install it.
Both EBImage and BiocManager are listed as suggests <
https://github.com/TiagoOlivoto/pliman/blob/master/DESCRIPTION#L22>

I believe that this could be a possible solution
Best regards,
Olivoto