[R-pkg-devel] How to declare Bioconductor Dependencies in the Description File of my R Package

Ruff, Sergej Sergej@Ru|| @end|ng |rom t|ho-h@nnover@de
Thu Mar 16 12:09:16 CET 2023

I am currently building a package which uses the "limma"-package as a dependency.

I want to submit my package to CRAN.

Do I need to declare Bioconductor-dependencies such as Limma differently in the Description-File of my Package?

The Check-Function in R shows no Notes, Warnings or Errors, but I am not sure if that means that limma will install when installing my package from CRAN.

Currently I am declaring limma like this:

Suggests:

    limma

Can CRAN identify that limma is a Bioconductor-Package and will it Limma install, when installing my package from CRAN?