[R-pkg-devel] Ignoring a compiler warning?

Mon Feb 27 20:32:58 CET 2023

I am in the process of updating rgl to use the glad loader
(https://github.com/Dav1dde/glad).  This replaces system standard gl.h
and glext.h files with new ones that include function pointers to be
filled in at run-time, so that rgl can use OpenGL features supported by
updated drivers if they are present.

However, I'm getting a NOTE from checking:

File which contains pragma(s) suppressing diagnostics:
   ‘src/ext/glad/include/glad/gl.h’

It is correct:  that file contains this:

#ifdef __clang__
#pragma clang diagnostic push
#pragma clang diagnostic ignored "-Wreserved-id-macro"
#endif
#ifdef __gl_h_
   #error OpenGL (gl.h) header already included (API: gl), remove
#endif
#define __gl_h_ 1

... more like this ...

The compiler would issue a warning for defining "__gl_h_" because of the
two leading underscores.

Is that an ignorable NOTE, or if not, is there some acceptable way to
suppress it?