[R-pkg-devel] Problem with package containing spatial data

Adam H. Sparks @d@mh@p@rk@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Feb 9 00:46:50 CET 2023

Hi Igor,
I’ve a couple packages that have spatial data in them that I maintain. I’ve opted to package up the data as a geopackage file and import it as an {sf} object. Edzer Pebesma suggests this to circumvent changes in the {sf} package from affecting native {sf} objects that are distributed as part of a package. Maybe this is an option for you?

In https://github.com/adamhsparks/extractOz, see /inst/extdata for the geopackage file and https://github.com/adamhsparks/extractOz/blob/main/R/data.R for handling the data importing and making available in the R session on package load.

Best,
Adam