[R-pkg-devel] How to update "SystemRequirements: C++11"?

Mon Feb 6 23:10:49 CET 2023

В Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:46:16 -0600
Winston Chang <winstonchang1 using gmail.com> пишет:

> 1. Remove "SystemRequirements: C++11" entirely. The problem with this
> is that on systems with older versions of R (3.6 and below, I
> believe), it may try to compile the package with an older C++
> standard, which will fail.
> 2. Update it to "SystemRequirements: C++17". The problem here is
> that on systems that don't have a C++17 compiler, the package won't
> build -- even though the package only actually requires a C++11
> compiler.

One way to resolve that conundrum could be to add a configure script
that detects a C++17/C++14/C++11 compiler known to R and sets that in
Makevars. I haven't published an update on CRAN yet, but R CMD check
seems satisfied with this under multiple versions of R between 3.3 and
R-devel:
https://github.com/aitap/Ropj/commit/e1ed8122d6d9a380a4f7e1505478dd07f4dd83a4

--
Best regards,