[R-pkg-devel] corrupted NAMESPACE file

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Fri Jan 20 15:41:25 CET 2023

Hello, All:

	  The NAMESPACE file in

https://github.com/JamesRamsay5/fda

is corrupted.  RStudio 2022.12.0+353 (the current version) won't open
it, complaining, "File is binary rather than text so cannot be opened by
the source editor."  TextEdit (macOS 11.7.2) opened it as normal, as did
vi.  Both allowed me to make and save changes, but RStudio still gave
the same error.  Worse, after "git push", GitHub Action on 5 platforms
ended with:

** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
Error in parse(nsFile, keep.source = FALSE, srcfile = NULL) :
   1:1: unexpected input

	  That's the same error I've gotten with "R CMD build fda" locally.

	  Suggestions?
	  Thanks,
	  Spencer Graves