[R-pkg-devel] Problem with NEWS file

Thierry Denoeux th|erry@denoeux @end|ng |rom utc@|r
Sat Jan 7 09:02:18 CET 2023

Dear all,

Version 2.0.0 of my ‘evclass' package was rejected for the second time with the following note from the Debian check (the Windows check is OK):

* checking package subdirectories ... NOTE
Problems with news in ‘NEWS’:
  Cannot process chunk/lines:
    Version 2.0.0 includes an implementation of radial basis function neural network classifiers, as well as functions to express the outputs of trained logistic regression or feed-forward neural network classifiers as Dempster-Shafer mass functions. These methods are based on an interpretation of the operations performed in neural networks as the combination of weights of evidence by Dempster's rule (see: "T. Denoeux, Logistic Regression, Neural Networks and Dempster-Shafer Theory: a New Perspective. Knowledge-Based Systems 176:54-67, 2019").

I already tried to change the NEWS file but I have no idea where the error might come from. The NEWS file is a text file created by TextEdit on Mac with UTF-8 encoding, so I don’t see how there could be hidden special characters in it. I see nothing special in the line that could not be processed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Thierry
Prof. Thierry Denoeux
Université de technologie de Compiègne