[R-pkg-devel] Current recommendations re. GitHub Action?

Wed Jan 4 10:18:40 CET 2023

On Mon, 2 Jan 2023 19:18:33 -0600
Spencer Graves <spencer.graves using effectivedefense.org> wrote:

> 	  However, Ubuntu failed with devel and oldrel1, complaining,
> "there is no package called ‘rcmdcheck’".

If we start from the error message and work backwards, it's easy to see
that `rcmdcheck` fails to install because it depends on `curl`, which
also fails to install. `curl` fails to install because the virtual
machine running the GitHub Action doesn't have libcurl headers
installed; there's even an error message about that, but it's not fatal: