[R-pkg-devel] Current recommendations re. GitHub Action?

Zhian Kamvar zk@mv@r @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 2 19:34:41 CET 2023

This warning says to update to v2 of the action from r-lib:

Warning: r-lib/actions/setup-r using v1 is deprecated. Please update your
> workflow to use the 'v2' version. Also look at the examples at
> https://github.com/r-lib/actions/tree/v2/examples because '@v2' workflows
> are much simpler than 'v1' workflows.

We ran into a similar problem and switching to v2 did the trick.

Best,
Zhian