[R-pkg-devel] Help with fixing problems for new R package

Tue Dec 20 16:35:03 CET 2022

В Tue, 20 Dec 2022 10:45:38 +1300
Anna Carolina Resende <annac.resende using gmail.com> пишет:

> * checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... [5s/25s] NOTE
> Maintainer: ‘Anna Carolina Resende <annac.resende using gmail.com>’
>
> I read online that it's a note for CRAN so they can check that the
> maintainer made changes, could you confirm that that is the case?

Yes, that's exactly right.

> However, when testing in Fedora, I get another note saying:
>
> * checking HTML version of manual ... NOTE
> Skipping checking HTML validation: no command 'tidy' found
>
> I've tried updating the HTML Tidy on my mac as I read online that
> should solve this issue, but nothing changed.

What do you mean by testing in Fedora? If you're running a Fedora
GNU/Linux virtual machine on your Mac in order to test your package,
you'll need to install HTML Tidy inside that virtual machine. If you're
using someone else's package check service (e.g. R-hub), this may
indicate a problem with their setup (but not your package).

If these are the only two NOTEs you're getting, it looks to me like
your package doesn't have any problems, congratulations!

--
Best regards,
Ivan