[R-pkg-devel] How do I enable to show data in inst/extdata in data() || lazy load

Tue Dec 20 10:23:58 CET 2022

В Tue, 20 Dec 2022 05:28:49 +0530
Sanjeev Sariya <sanjeevsariya using gmail.com> пишет:

> I need to provide an external data/file in the R package. This has
> come as a request from F1000 journal editors.

Would the journal editors agree to have this data in the form of an R
object? Is it a strict requirement to have this file in a given format?

> What do you call this step? How do I do this?

See Writing R Extensions, section 1.1.6 "Data in packages":
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#Data-in-packages

I don't want to rewrite it all in this e-mail, but if you're having
trouble with a specific step, feel free to ask for guidance.

--
Best regards,
Ivan