[R-pkg-devel] NOTEs - Problems with news in 'NEWS.md'

Mon Dec 12 20:57:17 CET 2022

On 12/12/2022 12:05 p.m., Sanjeev Sariya wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I made changes to the CRAN package by adding a file to the inst/ext folder.
> I mention about this in the NEWS.md file however, when I upload the build
> package .gz file to cran it fails to pass with error message as:
>

> *  Problems with news in 'NEWS.md':  No news entries found.*
>
> There are two notes. I cannot seem to find the second note.
>
> Kindly help.

If you want help, you need to provide enough information for helpers.
At a minimum, the NEWS.md file should be included (or if it is really
large, a subset of it that triggers the same problem).  Even better, a
link to Github or elsewhere where people can browse your entire package.