[R-pkg-devel] Error uploading file on CRAN

Wed Nov 30 14:18:33 CET 2022

On 30/11/2022 7:56 a.m., Ivan Krylov wrote:
> В Wed, 30 Nov 2022 16:10:22 +0400
> "Jahajeeah, Havisha" <hjahajeeah using utm.ac.mu> пишет:
>
>> How do I fix this problem? Kindly advise.
>
> I think I know what could be the problem.
>
> Your run_app function calls shiny::shinyApp(ui, server, options =
> list(launch.browser = TRUE)). Here, `ui` is an object of class
> "shiny.tag". I think that the file paths get cached in the `ui` object
> when the binary package is built, and when the package is run on a
> different computer, the loading process fails.

That seems really likely.  When I run on a Mac, I see a directory on the
Mac build machine in the error message.

> Does it work if you run install.packages('Greymodels', type = 'source')?
> If this works around the problem, you'll need to change the definition
> of `ui` into a function to make sure it runs after the package is
> installed: https://github.com/cran/Greymodels/blob/master/R/app_ui.R

One warning:  make sure you run install.packages('Greymodels', type =
'source') in a new session, not in a session that already has Greymodels
loaded.