[R-pkg-devel] Two packages with the same name

Peter Carbonetto peter@c@rbonetto @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 28 19:15:00 CET 2022

Hi All,

I maintain the mashr R package (https://cran.r-project.org/package=mashr),
which has been on CRAN a little over 2 years. The mashr package depends on
another package, flashr, which is available from an external repository
(via *Additional_repositories*).

Very recently, we have found ourselves in the awkward situation that there
are now two flashr packages:

https://cran.r-project.org/package=flashr

(mashr is listed as one of the reverse dependencies of this package, which
is incorrect.)

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to navigate this awkward
situation? The problem needs to be fixed by Dec 7 otherwise mashr will be
taken off CRAN. On the other hand, the new "flashr" seems like a nice
package, and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't exist on CRAN.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter Carbonetto
Computational Scientist, Statistics & Genetics,
Research Computing Center & Dept. of Human Genetics
University of Chicago