[R-pkg-devel] Error uploading file on CRAN

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Sun Nov 27 18:07:29 CET 2022

On 11/27/22 10:44 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 27/11/2022 11:29 a.m., Jahajeeah, Havisha wrote:
>> Dear CRAN team,
>>
>> The Greymodels package has been debugged and the updated package has been
>> published on Github.
>>
>> I would be very much grateful if the app could be updated on CRAN.
>
> That needs to be done by the maintainer (that's you, I think), according
> to the CRAN submission instructions here:
> https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html .  The last
> section tells you how to do an update, but don't skip the earlier ones.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Thanks, Duncan.

	  In addition to Duncan's comments, I perceive the development version
of Wickham and Bryan's "R Packages" to be also quite useful:

https://r-pkgs.org

	  To make this simpler for me, I've summarized what I've gotten from
the CRAN source Duncan mentioned and from Wickham and Bryan in a file
with a name like "release_to_CRAN.R".  I add such a file to the packages
I maintain on GitHub, while adding that file name to ".Rbuildignore".
Anything in ".Rbuildignore" is available to me but is not submitted to
CRAN.  For an example of the current status of one such file, see:

https://github.com/sbgraves237/Ecdat/blob/master/Ecdat_release_to_CRAN.R

	  Hope this helps.
	  Spencer Graves